Absorb NRT – Spill Response Team Training – MSMENV172 Identify and minimise environmental hazards
This course Absorb NRT – Spill Response Team Training – MSMENV172 Identify and minimise environmental hazards, is aimed at those who are responsible for the control of spill response incidents and spill response team members. This course provides a number of simulated spill events where the participants are required to put in place the relevant plans and procedures.
Objectives and Outcomes
The objective is to reinforce policy on environmental legislation, hazard identification, PPE requirements, spill response, report and reorder procedures, as well as prevention guidelines.
A “record of training” and individual Statements of Attainment will be issued following the successful completion of the training and assessment tasks.
This Course Covers
- Environmental Legislation
- Individual Environmental Duty of Care
- Absorbent Selection Criteria
- Eight Steps for handling a Spill, including PPE and spent product disposal
- Simulated spills based on a number of scenarios, where attendees are required to demonstrate knowledge of spill response procedures
- Risk management/risk reduction: local and global risks
- Identify environmental threats
- Defensive/offensive spill management
- Your role within the Site Spill Plan
- Analysis of sensitive areas on the spill site
- Correctly identify and handle hazardous materials
$2,250.00 per session*
This course is GST Free
Who Should Attend
Members of a Spill Response Team or those with responsibilities for, or who may have to respond to liquid spills
Maximum 20 attendees
Theory and practical
Nationally Recognised Course
Absorb Environmental Solutions delivers all training in partnership with Absorb Training, RTO # 110032.